Monday, July 12, 2010

Diamond X Triathlon


For the last two years, I've kayaked at the Diamond X Triathlon, located 8 miles south of Evanston, Wyoming and hosted at the Diamond X Guest Ranch. This year promised to be the same, but I succumbed to the lure of the contest, ultimately entering and finishing my first triathlon as a competitor.
Here's a sample of the shirt graphic that I designed for the event. The rider is actually Don Proffit, my wife's uncle, who is a brand inspector, rancher, and all-around buckaroo. His cowboy poetry is legendary, and he is quintessential "Wyoming".
I've been in that country, usually twice a year, for fourteen years. I've never appreciated it as much as I did from the bike. Gorgeous fields, alluring hills, seductive clouds, and the looming threat of thunderstorms from the Uinta Mountains to the south. The skunk roadkill was a nice touch, too.
To sign up for next year's triathlon or get more information, contact Josh Proffit at diamondxtri@yahoo.com . See you in 52 Saturdays!

No comments: